The first wedding I ever shot was my cousins wedding. I barely knew how to use my camera, I ran around like crazy the whole day, didn’t sit down except for five minutes to nibble on some bread…and fell totally and completely in love with wedding photography. It was instantly an obsession, and I couldn’t wait to do it again.
Many years, lots of learning, and a good deal of wedding cake later, I STILL run around like crazy and I don’t really take time to eat at weddings, but my passion and obsession with the joining together of two lives hasn’t changed in the least. I still love the emotion, the chaos, and the beauty of weddings. I love those quiet moments when the groom sees his bride for the first time in her wedding dress, or the look between a mother and her daughter as she ties up the brides wedding dress. I love the crazy long nights of dancing and story telling, and the light of love in the eyes of two people vowing to chase their dreams together for as long as the road allows.
I love that my clients end up becoming my friends. Also, I love dancing. Dancing is fun. And cake….well, wedding cake ROCKS.
I have photographed the lives of many of my brides and grooms; from their engagement to the newborn pictures of their third child.
I have the best job in the world.
And now, to the fun stuff: I chose not to do wedding packages for a few reasons, the biggest one being that I want you to get exactly what you want. Just as no two wedding are alike, no two brides want the same thing. I do everything a la carte so that it is customized to fit your needs.
Here’s how it works:
1) We start off with figuring out how many hours you would like for me to be at your wedding. That will be the base price. Prints are priced separately from the base price.
All weddings come with a complimentary one hour engagement shoot (a eight hour wedding receives a two hour engagement shoot). This is both a gift for you and a chance for me to get to know you better; it lets me see how you photograph, and lets us see how we will interact with each other on your big day! (This cannot be traded for extra time at the wedding.) Visit my PORTRAITS PAGE to see examples of my engagement photography.
Here are my base prices: (all prices include tax)
2 hours- $1,200
4 hours- $1,950
6 hours- $2,700
8 hours- $3,450
All Day- $4,200
3) After deciding your base price, you then decide which, if any, extras you would like to add to your package:
-Additional Engagement Shoot $375.00 an hour
-Bridal Session $375.00 an hour
-Trash the Dress/Day After session $375.00 an hour
-Boudoir Session $375.00 an hour*
*Boudoir special for clients who book a wedding. Regular price is $500.00 per hour.
3) Next, you can select from any of my complimentary extras:
* Complimentary High Resolution Disc of your fully edited pictures
* A unique slide show of your wedding images, set to music
* A fun photobooth for your guests, run by my second shooter
4) After the wedding, I painstakingly edit each picture. You will get a variety of edits, including black and white, vintage, eye pops, skin clearing and much more.
5) Once I am done editing, I post the pictures in a password protected album on my website so you can view your photos from the comfort of your own home. Yes, once you have recovered from the honeymoon, finished the last of the wedding cake and can hear the word “wedding” without crying you can curl up in your jammies with a cup of cocoa and relive your beautiful day. From here, you can order any prints that you would like, and even pay for them online through Paypal. Feel free to share your password with your friends and family so that they can log on to view and order their own pictures. Please email me to see a print price sheet.
6) Once you have oogled the photos in your online gallery, you are always welcome to let me know if there are particular photos that you would like edited differently. (“I love this one of mom, but I wish it was in black and white!”) Once you are satisfied with your photos, I will mail out your disc right away!
And then, you get to move on into the next phase of life – from newlyweds to kids and on to wherever your adventure takes you.